To join the Delhi Network community, please come to one of our coffee mornings, and bring your passport. The passport should be from any country other than India.
As part of joining the DN we provide a Delhi Network handbook packed with information about living in Delhi such as where to shop, how things work and expat recommendations. We also provide a membership card which offers discounts at certain select shops and restaurants around Delhi.
We ask for a contribution of 1000 Rupees per annum (1 August - 31 July) to join our group. This money is put into a pool to cover expenses (e.g. printing of membership forms and cards, website costs, etc.) and to benefit our members, for example through the occasional subsidy or discount on a coffee morning or event.
Once you are part of Delhi Network, you will have access to the member pages on this site. We also encourage you to join our Facebook Group. The Facebook Group is Delhi Network's question and answer forum and is an information exchange - items for sale, help available/wanted, interest groups, recommendations and, most importantly, this is the way we keep members informed of social events and activities. By joining this group, you will receive all the weekly updates on Delhi Network events, as well as those arranged by other organizations. We understand if you do not wish to join Facebook - you will still receive the most important information via a regular news bulletin and your neighbourhood coordinator, however, you will not have access to the forum for information exchange and may miss out on social activities.
**We also have a Facebook Page that lets the general public know what we are up to and allows them access to our public events. Anyone can "Like" this page and it does not require membership.
Delhi Network has two Facebook pages
- a public one that lets the general public know who we are. Anyone can "Like" this page and it does not require membership. The Facebook Page URL is www.facebook.com/delhinetworkexpats
- a private one which only Delhi Network members can access. This is Delhi Network's question and answer forum and is an information exchange - items for sale, help available/wanted, interest groups, recommendations and, most importantly, this is the way we keep members informed of social events and activities. By joining this group, you will receive updates on Delhi Network events, as well as those arranged by other organizations. Rest assured that your personal details will remain private as this group is a secret group, which means that only members of the group can see you. It is possible to restrict even further how much of your Facebook profile is visible to the members in this group. We can help you with this!
How to Join:
If you are ALREADY a Facebook member:
1. Log onto your Facebook account and send a Friend Request to our Facebook Administrator at tracy dn hynd requesting to be added to the Facebook Group.
2. Once your Delhi Network membership is confirmed, our Admin will add you directly to the group.
If you ARE NOT a member of Facebook and wish to join:
1. Once you have joined Delhi Network, go to Facebook and create an account. Then follow Step 1, as above.
Please note you do not have to give all the information requested by Facebook, there are certain steps that you can skip.
Privacy Settings - Once your account is set up, you can go to "Settings" and adjust your Privacy Settings. It is pretty straightforward, however we are here to help if you have difficulties with this.
We understand if you do not wish to join Facebook - you can email email@example.com and our Membership Secretary will try to keep you up to date with events.